1. Protecting your privacy. Privacy disclosures:
• We do run banner ads, pop ups, pop unders, and other kind of commercial ads.
• We engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs with other sites.
• We employ tracking devices for marketing purposes (“cookies”, “web beacons,” single-pixel gifs).
• Cookies are used to track information and status within a session
• We don’t send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
• Account information is password-protected. Keep your password safe.
• Forums use basic webserver authentication and cookies to track session information and status.
• Indy Courses, or people who post on Indy Courses, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
2. Data we collect
• We only collect your email address, for purposes such as sending self-publishing and confirmation emails, authenticating user accounts, providing subscription email services, registering for forums, etc.
• Indy Courses does not store credit card information. Credit card transactions are transmitted to a financial gateway, and we endeavor to protect the security of your payment information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
• We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments, post it on our classifieds or interactive forums, or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on the Website that you expect to keep private.
• Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the Website, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
3. Data we store
• All bulletin board postings are stored in our database, even after “deletion,” and may be archived elsewhere.
• Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
• Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure
operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
4. Archiving and display of Indy Courses postings by search engines and other sites
Search engines and other sites not affiliated with Indy Courses – including archive.org, google.com, and groups.yahoo.com – archive or otherwise make available Indy Courses postings.
5. Circumstances in which Indy Courses may release information
• Indy Courses may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
6. International Users
By visiting our Website and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of Indy Courses we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.
Effective Date: January 30, 2016